Built to Order Manji with Phenolic Resin Comb
Built to Order
Suzuki Manji with Phenolic Resin Comb
This custom harmonica is constructed using Suzuki Manji Reed Plates and Covers and a Blue Moon Phenolic Resin Comb. Phenolic is food safe, light weight, waterproof, durable and will not warp or crack. It is a great material for custom combs. It polishes to a very smooth surface.
Grade LE, Linen Phenolic is a fine weave cotton fabric base phenolic laminate that machines easily.
GRADE XXX - PAPER PHENOLIC A paper base phenolic laminate available in Natural (light brown) and Black.
The combs are fine sanded to remove the milling marks and sealed with all natural Zissner Bulls Eye Shellac. The tips of the tines were finished with a thin coat of Liquid Glass which provides an ultra-smooth and slick surface for your lips and tongue. The edges were finished with a few micro-thin coats of wipe-on polyurethane.
The Standard Set-up for our harmonicas is a "Blues Set-up". These harmonicas are designed for playing Traditional Blues, Rock, Country, Gospel and Folk music. They feature the following upgrades:
- Installation of a Custom Blue Moon Comb
- Draw Plate Flat Sanded
- Full Slot Embossing
- Cover Support Brace Installed
- All the Sharp Edges are Polished Smooth for Maximum Comfort
- Gaps adjusted for Optimum Response
- Reed Profiles checked and adjusted as needed
- Tuned to Modern Compromise Temperament @ A=442Hz (alternate tunings available upon request)
Now Available in Low Tuned Keys (Low C, Low D and Low F) and High G. The low tuned harps wiill include covers with a bigger bottom to prevent reed strike.
Our Standard Blues Set-up will be the harmonica of choice for the vast majority of players. Although we don't promote these harps as "Overblow Harps" the airtight construction and reed adjustments makes it very easy to Overblow the 4, 5 and 6. If you want a harp that can be played chromatically by use of Overblows and Overdraws, there is an additional charge for the extensive reedwork required to produce such a harmonica. In addition, a number of other alternate tunings, listed below, are available.
- Overblow/Overdraw Set-up - $50.00 (Extensive Reed Work to facilitation Overblows on holes 4, 5 and 6 and Overdraws on holes 7, 8, 9 and 10 which enable the harmonica to be played Chromatically)
- 7-Limit Just Intonation $ 0 (No charge) (Original Marine Band Tuning which features a flattened 5 and 9 draw to create rich full chords)
- Country Tuning $5.00 (5 Draw Reed raised one semi-tone)
- Paddy Richter Tuning $5.00 (3 Blow Reed raised one full tone)
- Natural Minor Tuning - $20.00 (2, 5 and 8 Blow Reeds; 3 and 7 Draw Reeds, lowered one semi-tone)
- Harmonic Minor Tuning - $20.00 (2, 5 and 8 Blow Reeds; 6 and 10 Draw Reeds, lowered one semi-tone)
The low-tuned Manjis will include the special bottom cover plate that Suzuki makes. It is much wider than the standard cover wand provides additonal clearance to eliminate reed strick (aka reed rattle).
Please note that the turnaround time on Built-to-Order Custom Harmonicas is currently running 3-4 months.. Unless a harmonica is listed as a “Ready-to-Go” harp, all custom harps are built to order, per the customer’s specifications. We keep an inventory of over 1,500 combs and about 400 new Hohner and/or Suzuki harmonicas on hand at all times. If it is listed on the website, we have it in stock. The wait time is not due to us making the combs or ordering the stock harp. It is simply that we are very, very busy and custom harps take time to build. Thank you in advance for your patience.
As always, your satisfaction is guaranteed. If you are not completely satisfied with this harp, speak up, let us know, and we'll make it right, either by fixing this harp, replacing it or giving you a complete refund - your call.
We Also Recommend