Golden Melody with Fancy Acrylic Comb
Blue Moon Golden Melody
with Fancy Acrylic Comb
This Blue Moon Golden Melody is built with your choice of one of our beautiful Fancy Acrylic Combs. All our combs are 3D Designed and CNC Milled, They are perfectly flat and all the sharp edges have been removed to provide an exceptionally smooth playing surface for your lips and tongue.
The Standard Set-up for our harmonicas is a "Blues Set-up". These harmonicas are designed for playing Traditional Blues, Rock, Country, Gospel and Folk music. They feature the following upgrades:
- Installation of a Custom Blue Moon Comb
- Draw Plate flat sanded
- Gaps adjusted for optimum response
- Reed profiles checked and shaped if necessary
- Tuned to Equal Temperament @ A=442Hz (alternate tunings available upon request)
Our Standard Blues Set-up is the harmonica of choice for most players. These harps are airtight, responsive, in tune, very comfortable in your hands and on your lips and tongue. Although we don't promote them as "Overblow Harps", it very easy to Overblow the 4, 5 and 6 on these harps (assuming you know how to overblow). If you want a full blown custom harp that can be played chromatically by use of Overblows and Overdraws, this will require an extensive amount of additional reed work and customization. Consequently, there is an additional charge to produce such a harmonica. In addition, we offer a number of alternate tunings, some which do not carry an additional charge and some of which do.
Note: Don’t confuse “Set-up” with Tuning. Set-up refers to how the reeds are adjusted to accommodate a style of play. The default tuning on a Golden Melody is Equal Temperament. It is designed, as the name implies, for playing melodies. However, if you want your Golden Melody tuned differently, here are your options.
Custom Set-up and Tuning Options:
- Equal Temperament (No Additional Charge)
- Modern Compromise Temperament (No Additional Charge)
- 19-Limit Just Intonation (No Additional Charge)
- 7-Limit Just Intonation Tuning (No Additional Charge)
- Country Tuning ($5.00 Additional Charge)
- Paddy Richter Tuning ($5.00 Additional Charge)
- Natural Minor Tuning ($20.00 Additional Charge)
- Harmonic Minor Tuning ($20.00 Additional Charge)
- Overblow/Overdraw Full Chromatic Set-up ($50.00 Additional Charge) (Extensive Reed Work to facilitation Overblows on holes 4, 5 and 6 and Overdraws on holes 7, 8, 9 and 10 which enable the harmonica to be played Chromatically)
We Also Recommend