Built to Order Manji with Corian Comb
Blue Moon Manji
with Corian Comb
The Blue Moon Manji is built with one of our CNC Milled Corian Combs and Suzuki Manji Reed Plates & Covers .
The Standard Set-up for our harmonicas is a "Blues Set-up". These harmonicas are designed for playing Traditional Blues, Rock, Country, Gospel and Folk music. They feature the following upgrades:
- Installation of a Custom Blue Moon Comb
- Draw Plate flat sanded
- Full Slot Embossing
- Cover support brace installed
- Gaps adjusted for optimum response
- Reed profiles checked and shaped if necessary
- Tuned to Modern Compromise Temperament @ A=442Hz (alternate tunings available upon request)
- Installation of Cover Brace Support
Our Standard Blues Set-up will be the harmonica of choice for the vast majority of players. Although we don't promote these harps as "Overblow Harps" the airtight construction and reed adjustments makes it very easy to Overblow the 4, 5 and 6. If you want a harp that can be played chromatically by use of Overblows and Overdraws, there is an additional charge for the extensive reedwork required to produce such a harmonica. In addition, a number of other alternate tunings, listed below, are available.
- Overblow/Overdraw Set-up - $50.00 (Extensive Reed Work to facilitation Overblows on holes 4, 5 and 6 and Overdraws on holes 7, 8, 9 and 10 which enable the harmonica to be played Chromatically)
- 7-Limit Just Intonation $ 0 (No charge) (Original Marine Band Tuning which features a flattened 5 and 9 draw to create rich full chords)
- Country Tuning $5.00 (5 Draw Reed raised one semi-tone)
- Paddy Richter Tuning $5.00 (3 Blow Reed raised one full tone)
- Natural Minor Tuning - $20.00 (2, 5 and 8 Blow Reeds; 3 and 7 Draw Reeds, lowered one semi-tone)
- Harmonic Minor Tuning - $20.00 (2, 5 and 8 Blow Reeds; 6 and 10 Draw Reeds, lowered one semi-tone)
Expected Delivery Date
Please note that the turnaround time on Built-to-Order Custom Harmonicas is currently running 6 months, or perhaps longer. Unless a harmonica is listed as a “Ready-to-Go” harp, all custom harps are built to order, per the customer’s specifications. We keep an inventory of over 1,500 combs and about 400 new Hohner and/or Suzuki harmonicas on hand at all times. If it is listed on the website, we have it in stock. The wait time is not due to us making the combs or ordering the stock harp. It is simply that we are very, very busy and custom harps take time to build. Thank you in advance for your patience.
100 % Satisfaction Guarantee
Blue Moon Harmonicas LLC stands behind everything we offer with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If, for ANY REASON, you are not completely satisfied, please speak up. We will do everything in our power to make things right. That might include making adjustments to your custom harmonica, exchanging the product for something else or refunding your money. That is your call. We just want you to be happy. So, please do not hesitate to communicate with us.
One Year Comprehensive Warranty
Every Custom Harmonica comes with a Top to Bottom One Year Warranty. If ANYTHING goes wrong with your harp in the first year, we will fix it at NO CHARGE. This includes blown out reeds or anything else that can go wrong with a harp. After one year, we will service your harp for a flat rate of $25.00. That would include cleaning, tuning, replacing any blown out reeds and in general, making the harp look and play like the day you got it.
We Also Recommend