Built to Order Marine Band Thunderbird - Phenolic Resin Comb
Built to Order
Marine Band Thunderbird With a
Phenolic Resin Comb
The Marine Band Thunderbird offers is tuned one octave lower than standard harps and features an innovative tapered bottom cover design to prevent reed rat
Available in the keys of low F, low E, low Eb, low D, low C
Phenolic Resin is food safe, light weight, waterproof, durable and will not warp or crack. It is a great material for custom combs. It polishes to a very smooth surface. The photos give a bit of an optical illusion. You can see the fibers but you cannot feel them.
Grade LE, Linen Phenolic is a fine weave cotton fabric base phenolic laminate that machines easily.
GRADE XXX - PAPER PHENOLIC A paper base phenolic laminate available in Natural (light brown) and Black.
The Standard Set-up for our harmonicas is a "Blues Set-up". These harmonicas are designed for playing Traditional Blues, Rock, Country, Gospel and Folk music. They feature the following upgrades:
- Installation of a Custom Blue Moon Comb
- Draw Plate flat sanded and tapped for screws
- Full Slot Embossing
- Covers opened in the back
- Gaps adjusted for optimum response
- Reed profiles checked and shaped if necessary
- Tuned to Modern Compromise Temperament @ A=442Hz (alternate tunings available upon request)
Our Standard Blues Set-up is the harmonica of choice for most players. These harps are airtight, responsive, in tune, very comfortable in your hands and on your lips and tongue. Although we don't promote them as "Overblow Harps", it very easy to Overblow the 4, 5 and 6 on these harps (assuming you know how to overblow). If you want a full blown custom harp that can be played chromatically by use of Overblows and Overdraws, this will require an extensive amount of additional reed work and customization. Consequently, there is an additional charge to produce such a harmonica. In addition, we offer a number of alternate tunings, some which do not carry an additional charge and some of which do.
Custom Set-up and Tuning Options:
- Equal Temperament (No Additional Charge)
- 19-Limit Just Intonation (No Additional Charge)
- 7-Limit Just Intonation Tuning (No Additional Charge)
- Country Tuning ($5.00 Additional Charge)
- Paddy Richter Tuning ($5.00 Additional Charge)
- Natural Minor Tuning ($20.00 Additional Charge)
- Harmonic Minor Tuning ($20.00 Additional Charge)
- Overblow/Overdraw Full Chromatic Set-up ($50.00 Additional Charge) (Extensive Reed Work to facilitation Overblows on holes 4, 5 and 6 and Overdraws on holes 7, 8, 9 and 10 which enable the harmonica to be played Chromatically)
Expected Delivery Date
Please note that the turnaround time on Built-to-Order Custom Harmonicas is currently running 6 months, or perhaps longer. Unless a harmonica is listed as a “Ready-to-Go” harp, all custom harps are built to order, per the customer’s specifications. We keep an inventory of over 1,500 combs and about 400 new Hohner and/or Suzuki harmonicas on hand at all times. If it is listed on the website, we have it in stock. The wait time is not due to us making the combs or ordering the stock harp. It is simply that we are very, very busy and custom harps take time to build. Thank you in advance for your patience.
100 % Satisfaction Guarantee
Blue Moon Harmonicas LLC stands behind everything we offer with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If, for ANY REASON, you are not completely satisfied, please speak up. We will do everything in our power to make things right. That might include making adjustments to your custom harmonica, exchanging the product for something else or refunding your money. That is your call. We just want you to be happy. So, please do not hesitate to communicate with us.
One Year Comprehensive Warranty
Every Custom Harmonica comes with a Top to Bottom One Year Warranty. If ANYTHING goes wrong with your harp in the first year, we will fix it at NO CHARGE. This includes blown out reeds or anything else that can go wrong with a harp. After one year, we will service your harp for a flat rate of $25.00. That would include cleaning, tuning, replacing any blown out reeds and in general, making the harp look and play like the day you got it.
We Also Recommend