Seydel 1847 Silver with Anodized Aluminum Comb
The 1847 is the result of Seydel's 160-year of experience in manufacturing high-quality harmonicas.
The 1847 SILVER is the first serial-produced Richter-diatonic harmonica with stainless steel reeds!
- Full and loud, overtone-rich sound and extremely fast tone-response due to stainless steel reeds
- Very long durability and even with heavy duty playing - stainless steel reeds and stainless steel rivets
- Less air-loss due to fine-cut reed plates - optimized flatness and extremely small tolerances between reed and reed plate
- Beard- and lip-friendly cover plates with rounded edges without any cuts at the mouthpiece and ergonomic built hole-openings and rounded dividers
- The overtone-rich sound can spread out undampened - covers made of extra strong stainless steel sheet (0.4mm), opened wide at the back and crimped and therefore a good stability and rounded edges
The 1847, a harmonica, that impresses from innovation but nevertheless fits all traditional demands - a master's instrument for maximum ambitions.
The Standard Set-up for our harmonicas is a "Blues Set-up". These harmonicas are designed for playing Traditional Blues, Rock, Country, Gospel and Folk music. They feature the following upgrades:
- Installation of a Custom Blue Moon Comb
- All nails replaced with screws
- Draw Plate flat sanded and tapped for screws
- Covers opened in the back
- Gaps adjusted for optimum response
- Reed profiles checked and shaped if necessary
- Tuned to Seydel Compromise Tuning @ A=442Hz (alternate tunings available upon request)
Our Standard Blues Set-up will be the harmonica of choice for the vast majority of players. Although we don't promote these harps as "Overblow Harps" the airtight construction and reed adjustments makes it very easy to Overblow the 4, 5 and 6. If you want a harp that can be played chromatically by use of Overblows and Overdraws, there is an additional charge for the extensive reedwork required to produce such a harmonica. In addition, a number of other alternate tunings, listed below, are available.
- Overblow/Overdraw Set-up - $50.00 (Extensive Reed Work to facilitation Overblows on holes 4, 5 and 6 and Overdraws on holes 7, 8, 9 and 10 which enable the harmonica to be played Chromatically)
- 7-Limit Just Intonation $ 0 (No charge) (Original Marine Band Tuning which features a flattened 5 and 9 draw to create rich full chords)
- Country Tuning $5.00 (5 Draw Reed raised one semi-tone)
- Paddy Richter Tuning $5.00 (3 Blow Reed raised one full tone)
- Natural Minor Tuning - $20.00 (2, 5 and 8 Blow Reeds; 3 and 7 Draw Reeds, lowered one semi-tone)
- Harmonic Minor Tuning - $20.00 (2, 5 and 8 Blow Reeds; 6 and 10 Draw Reeds, lowered one semi-tone)
We Also Recommend